My Path to Getting Rich

This is my blog about my journey to financial freedom.

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Where to start?

I think in order to begin something, you must have the end in mind. I'm not to very well at stating my goals, but I do know what my end-state should be like. I would love to write in this blog years from now and tell others how rich I have become and how I have learned to teach them how they can be also. I've always felt as though I'm supposed to be someone great and wealthy in this world and this ambition has caused many sleepless nights in my life. I look at the wealthy and feel as though I should be wealthy also. I grew up with very little but I was always proud of what my parents provided the family with. I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters with parents that didn't even finish high school. They were immigrants from Mexico looking for work and a dream of a better life. I am a product of that dream. I wasn't taught in the way of smart finances. Like in the Rich Dad Poor Dad book, my parents taught that me must go to school and get a good job so we can work and then retire when I'm old enough for Social Security. I always thought that was what we had to do. Investing always seemed like something for the rich. In the books that I have read, it has showed differently. I will talk about the books that I've read later cause there have been a few. I will talk about what I've already done wrong and what I plan on doing right. I'm sure that I will make many mistakes; I hope we can all learn from these too.

Always feel free to leave comments and maybe we can share ideas and help each other grow and be RICH!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dam!!! you need to tell Hector about this book. Good luck!!! Liz

February 5, 2007 at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home